DRILLING PROJECT SERVICES
ENGINEERS • DISTRIBUTORS • DESIGNERS • CONSULTANTS
OPERATOR TRAINING COURSE
OPTIMISATION OF TRICONE DRILLBIT PERFORMANCE
Training is conducted in the form of lectures, with the extensive use of visual aids, followed up by on-site practical observation and training. We can modify our format to meet virtually any client requirements.
Many clients have found an improvement in drillbit performance and a reduction in drilling costs, after conducting these courses at their mines.
2. BASICS OF THE TRICONE
3. HOW DOES A ROCKBIT WORK?
4. FACTORS THAT AFFECT DRILLBIT PERFORMANCE
- Pulldown Pressure
- Rotary Speed
5. DRILLING IN DIFFERENT FORMATIONS
- Starting The Hole
- Boulders In Soft Material
- Clay Formations
- Normal Formations
- Very Hard Formations
- Areas With Lots Of Groundwater
6. PROBLEM IDENTIFICATION
- Bent Drillrod
- Excessive Pulldown Pressure
- Plugged Drillbit
- Inaccurate Rotation Speed Gauges
- Insufficient Bailing Air / Wrong Drillbit Nozzle Size
7. WHY DO WE USE DECKBUSHES, STABILISERS, SHOCKSUBS & THREAD LUBRICANTS?
8. THERE ARE SEVERAL POINTS TO REMEMBER